I have justed used the website PhotoPea for the first time, and it is a nice replacement for working with some photoshop files. If you are looking for a way of altering text in a premade psd template, then PhotoPea may be the site for you.
As a quick example here is what I did:
- I went to https://wdflat.com/product/splash-paint/ to download a set of overlay and other templates that I would need for streaming. (Update 7 Sep 2019: Spelling / typo issue on this point)
- Extracted the files
- Opened them in PhotoPea (which has tabs for working with multiple files)
- Edited the sections I needed to edit
- And both
- downloaded the new PSD file with my edits in place,
- and exported a png version.
The work flow of the site feels very similar to photoshop, and from what I can tell, is a nice (but limited) piece of software for allowing tiny edits on professionally created files.